As a graphic artist in cville, I see all kinds of designs. Some good, some not so good. But it’s the people that come to me for professional graphic design that separate the wheat from the chaff.
In my 40+ years of experience as a graphic artist, I have found that those who seek out a professional designer have an ardent desire to truly distinguish their business. These are the business owners that want to raise the bar before the public even arrives at their door.
And that, of course, is your website. It’s the greeting card for your business.
- How attractive is your site?
- How easy is it to navigate?
- Does your site offer valuable information that the visitor can use?
Your site should not only be attractive, but it should provide easily accessible valuable information that your audience is already looking for.
Your site should welcome them before they get to your business, and encourage them to seek out your business. That’s how important graphic design is!
Charlottesville Graphic Artist Takeaways for Serious Business Owners
So, what are the big reasons that business owners seek out graphic design services? Here are the 7 consistent reasons that my clients have all told me:
- Consistent Brand Identity — As a designer, I look at the big picture. That’s what I’m trained to do. From your logo, your website, and your social media profile, business owners want consistency. Brands that have visual uniformity make a powerful statement to the public.
- More visitors who browse your site — You want visitors to stick around, check out your site, and get to know your brand. A professional design will do exactly that.
- Call to Action — A beautiful design is essential, but giving potential customers a reason to visit your business is a must. That’s why good design includes a “buy now,” a free download, or some kind of sign up like a newsletter.
- Distinction from their competition — This is a big one! The business that takes the time to build a website with clear, concise content that directs visitors where you want them to go. Too many businesses simply don’t understand the power of the web and of good design. Those that do take the time and have a professional do it properly.
- Clear, Polished Details — That means the choice of fonts, text spacing, and how it’s all contrasted makes a world of difference to your business growth. Website visitors appreciate easy navigation and simplicity of design.
- Good Form, Structure and Purpose — You really can’t have good design without good content. The two go hand in hand. Small text in large blocks, navigational bars that are confusing, and fuzzy calls to action will turn web visitors away. As a graphic artist, I work with your content so that it’s clear. And, it takes the visitor where you want them to go.
- Less Money Spent in the Long Run — Investing in a good cville graphic artist pays you back. Trying to cut corners by getting a good deal with a cheap price will backfire. Clients have come to me to fix their website woes, which means the site has to be rebuilt. Doing it correctly the first time is the best option.
Finally, investing your time and your money with a Charlottesville graphic artist like myself means you are building a work relationship with me. We communicate regularly, working out the details until you get a site that is not only beautiful, it’s easy to navigate and gives you a return on your investment!